Greetings from Tegucigalpa, Honduras! We find ourselves at the start of another week here at Micah Project, with all the joys and pains of raising these young men. This past month has been a hard battle over the lives of these young men, and all of us are feeling the strain of constant spiritual warfare. However, our God is greater than any attackers, and we know that He will be victorious in the end. As we press on in this fight, we continue to bring our prayers and praises before our God. Please join us this week in prayer for:
* Northern Honduras
This past week, Hurricane Matthew passed through Honduras. While damage in Tegucigalpa was minimal, the Northern part of the country suffered the brunt of the storm's hit. There are few resources or government agencies to help those who have been hard-hit by the storm and damaged infrastructure will likely take some time to repair. Please be holding the people of this country, and especially of the North in your prayers.
* Hector, David, Miguelito, y Axelito
Our four youngest guys have been struggling in their fights against addiction and the urge to return to the streets. Each of these young men is very precious, and we love each one very dearly. Please hold them in constant prayer as they struggle and sometimes fail against strong foes.
* Axel Lopez
Axel is back home! However, he is still vulnerable to the same temptations that took him to the streets in the first place. Please be holding him in your prayers over the next week. Please especially pray that he is able to confront and defeat the pain of his past and find rest in God's healing.
* The Micah Staff
The past month has been filled with intense spiritual warfare, and we on the Micah staff are feeling the strain of constant spiritual attack. Please lifting us up in prayer while you also lift our guys up in prayer. We are confident that our God will win this battle, but it is a hard fight!!
* Also, let us turn to God and PRAISE!!
- For Axel Lopez's return! After many prayers and a lot of heartache, Axel is back home and once again moving forward is his journey from darkness in the light!
- The Bells are back! Rebecca and John Bell took some well-earned personal time and went to a friends wedding in Spain - and they're back with us! We're very excited about having them back!!
- For each of the lives in Micah Project! Yeison, Maycol, Axel, Pedro Luis, Wilmer, Yoel, Junior, Axelito, Nelson, Miguelito, Miguel Fugon...each one of these young men is a precious gift to us from God and we are grateful for them!!
As a closing thought to our prayer request blog, let me leave you with Ephesians 3:20-21(ESV):
"Now to him who able to do far more abundantly more than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Jesus Christ throughout all generations, forever and ever, amen." Let us never cease to praise and rely on Him, brothers and sisters!
David Hawthorne (on behalf of the entire Micah Project)