Thursday, April 23, 2009

Two important links

Above: Marvin Morazan is studying music ministry at Instituto CanZion in San Jose, Costa Rica. He is already a gifted songwriter and musician!


Dear friends,

I wanted to share with you two important links regarding the Micah Project:

1. Some dear friends from Houston, Texas have been planning the 1st Annual Micah Project Golf Classic on May 13 in order to support the project. You can find out more about the tournament by clicking here: www.micahcentral.org/MicahGolf09.pdf. Please contact Jeremy Summers at j_summers@msn.com or Chris Herbold at cjherbold@gmail.com if you are interested in supporting the Micah Project by participating in the tournament!

2. Marvin Morazan, our talented young man that is studying music ministry in Costa Rica, has just produced a short music video of one of his songs. You can find it at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMyp5ZtNei0 . The song is called "Madre" and he wrote it and produced it with a friend from another project (Proyecto Manuelito) named Brian Chavez. Marvin is the one with the braided hair that sings the chorus. The song is about growing up without their mothers. I've translated the words of the song here:

Chorus (Marvin):

Mom, mom here I am.
Mom, mom, here I am ready to ask for your forgiveness.

Verse 1 (Brian):

Mom, I'm 19 now and I'm not the same boy,
I don't run the streets any more creating disasters,
I go to church now and I spend my time praising Him,
writing for Him because He is the one who filled my heart with love;
and I know that in the past I have failed you, and I ask your forgiveness.
Mom, I love you, I love you so much that one day I want to be with you
at the throne of the Sovereign One.

Chorus: Mom, mom, here I am. Mom, here I am ready to ask for your forgiveness.

Verse II (Marvin):

Tell me how many times I cried, how many times I desired your hugs,
How many times I was alone and I shouted your name,
Wanting to see your face...
I cried, I cried,
even when I was little, I woke up hoping to see you the next day, mom...
with tears running down my face, I shouted
that I needed you, every night I needed a kiss from you.
I waited and waited every night,
and I prayed to God while I waited...
that He would take care of you,
and that one day you would come looking for me,
I didn't every want to be separated from you, but that was God's will
so that I could some day show you all of my love.

Chorus: Mom, mom, here I am,
Mom, here I am asking you to forgive me.

No comments: