Friday, November 27, 2009

Why the Weekly Prayer Requests Are Late or Why I Managed to Fall off of a Cliff.

   Dear Friends and Family,

    This week, please accept my apologies in being very late in posting our weekly prayer requests. However, I can offer a valid excuse: Micah Project has just returned from being ten hours away from Tegucigalpa, where we played and relaxed in the the natural beauty of La Ceiba on the Northern Honduran Coast. I now have an internet connection once again, so I thought that I send all of you a brief update/some prayer requests. We at Micah are doing well and really enjoyed the opportunity to be outside of the city and in a different routine. We are also very excited to be spending time this week with our good friends, the Herbold family. The guys had a LOT of fun doing things like riding through the rainforest canopy on ziplines, white-water rafting, playing on the beach, and jumping off a cliff into a river (my fifth jump went wrong and I kinda fell over the edge...thence the title).
    Please keep us in your prayers for this weekend. The Herbolds are leaving for the U.S. tomorrow and Jenna Miller is returning from a visit to her family. Please pray that they all have safe and smooth trips. Also, please be continually in prayer for the Lord to work in the hearts of the guys. In everything that we do, whether in work or play, we work to see the Lord glorified through both our lives and the lives of the guys (to paraphrase the apostle Paul). Please pray that He is glorified in our lives, our words, and in our actions over the course of this weekend! Post-Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all of you!!

Sunburned and happy about it,
David Hawthorne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the tone of this post: lighthearted. And that's good. That means you guys relaxed a bit I hope. Enjoy Election Day!