Thursday, February 28, 2008

Missionaries at 19

I want this blog to be something where people can read everything that is going on within Micah. We have so many good things going on and I don't want those things to ever be overshadowed!

This past weekend Marvin (aka MJMV) and Pedro (aka Peter) went on a youth retreat in a small town outside of Copan (the west coast of Honduras). However, their main purpose wasn't to go to experience the retreat for themselves, but to minister and witness to the youth through their testimonies and music.

I'm sure most of you reading this know about Los Micah Boys, but if you don't let me fill you in... Marvin and Pedro, with other Micah guys, started a Christian Latin rap group using their own struggles and triumphs to share the gospel. They've created two albums and are very talented. They have their own MySpace page which feachers some of their songs. It isn't updated too often but at least you can get a glimpse of what their music is about.

Anyway, they were invited to sing and share their testimonies this past weekend. After looking at some of their pictures, it struck me they are missionaries at the age of 18 and 19. I guess I was just so impressed because here are two guys who are using their gifts and talents as well as their pasts to bring other Honduras to the Lord. They are glorifying God right now, right here and serving Him!!! That is what Micah is all about... creating servant leaders. I pray God will continue to use these guys to glorify Himself.



No comments: